Thursday, July 21, 2011

Experiment with Understanding

Ok.
So I came across this song from "The Presets".  I have known about them for years but coming across an actual CD in South Africa feels hopeless sometimes.
So one of their songs lands on a CD and I am blown away at their development.
The song that stuck out is"If I Know You" - it grabbed my ear because it sounded really gay, and I thought he was singing to his lover.  On closer inspection of the lyrics I started to think that the song was about two guys (friends/brothers) who were sleeping with the same girl.  And the guy whose girlfriend it is, is singing to the other guy to back up.

How far off am I?

I will read the lyrics now, and then watch the music video and see if it changes my initial experience of the song...

BRB

No comments: